Castle: Visit, guided visits upon written request, fax: (+352) 84 94 84, duration 1 ½ hours.
Start at the castle and walk through the woods to the chapel (“Bildchenkapelle”), built in 1848. On the way “Napoleon's garden” with a tree planted in 1811 on Napoleon son's birth. On to the "Indian Forest Adventure Park" (reservation - Tel: (+352) 691 901 223). Descend back to Vianden past the cemetery. Duration 1 hour.
Use the chairlift then walk down to the castle. The chairlift operates from 27.3. - 30.9. and is closed on Fridays out of season. 39, rue du Sanatorium L-9425 Vianden. Tel: (+352) 844 323, round-trip duration 1 hour.
SEO (SOCIÉTÉ ÉLECTRIQUE DE L'OUR)
Pump storage works
Outward with coach or CFL bus.
Visit the underground facilities
Open from 10 am to 5 pm.
Visit of the Upper Basin.
Guided visits on written request:
SEO PO Box 2
- about 1½ hours.
Vianden Museum of History: 96-98, Grand-Rue - Tel: (+352) 83 45 91, open daily from Easter to October 10-12 am and 2-6 pm, closed on Wednesdays out of season.
Justice Cross: built 1308, destroyed 1882, rebuilt 1902.
Dicks Monument (Dicksgärtchen) in memory of Edmond de la Fontaine (1823-1891), justice of the peace in Vianden.
Trinitarian church and cloister: Trinitarian church built 1248, cloister built in the 18th Century, restored 1955.
Town Hall: Old castle house built in 1579.
Statue of St. John of Nepomuk on the bridge
Victor Hugo Museum inhabited by the poet in 1871.
St. Nicholas Church built in the 13th Century, restored 1723.
1a, rue du vieux marché
Tel: (+352) 8342571 - Fax: (+352) 849081
Open daily during the tourist season