Bock rock – Former castle of the Counts of Luxembourg and Bock Casemates (1 hr)
The Bock is known as the cradle of Luxembourg. This is where Count Siegfried built his castle in 963. Access to the Bock promontory and an archaeological dig. The casemates defense system (23 km) stretches over several floors, huge galleries are driven up to 40 meters deep into the cliffs. The archeological crypt houses the city's origins. Start of the Wenzel and Vauban circular walks.
VISIT LUXEMBOURG CITY
From July 15th through August 30st 2013, the "Luxembourg City Tourist Office" offers guided tours of the Grand Ducal Palace, the official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. Visits in English take place daily, except on Wednesdays, at 4 and at 5 PM (timetable can be modified). Further visits are offered in French, German, Dutch and Luxembourgish. Entrance fee: 7.- € for an adult, 3,50 € for a child. The net benefit goes to the "Fondation du Grand-Duc Henri et de la Grande-Duchesse Maria Teresa".
Tickets are exclusively available at the "Luxembourg City Tourist Office", Place Guillaume II, P.O. Box 181, L – 2011 Luxembourg, phone: (00352) 22 28 09, firstname.lastname@example.org. It is possible to reserve tickets in advance.
- The origin of the Petrusse casemates goes back to the year 1644, when the Spaniards modernised the medieval fortifications
- Grand Ducal Palace: Grand Ducal Family city residence
- Museums: National Museum of History and Art, National Museum of Natural History, Museum of History of Luxembourg City, Villa Vauban, Musée d'Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean "MUDAM," Casino Luxembourg - Forum for contemporary art
- Churches: the cathedral of Our Lady of Luxembourg, St. Michael's Church, St. John's Church
- European Centre on the Plateau Kirchberg
- The City promenade will take you to the Place d'Armes, Constitution Square, Corniche, old town, etc.
- The Wenzel Circular Walk, a walk through time and space, connects the upper and the lower town
- The Vauban circuit leads through parts of the 17th, 18th and 19th Century fortifications.
- Other walks: Schuman, Luxembourg - a European capital, Godchaux, Parks and Gardens
- Numerous restaurants in the city centre.
- Street map
- Wenzel Circular Walk - 1000 years in 100 minutes
- Vauban Circular Walk
- City Promenade